Thursday, March 15, 2012

My 2 cents

I've been thinking about this a lot lately....I thought I would share my thoughts.
We are called to adopt by our Father. We are called to father/mother the fatherless. Is it for the sake of the fatherless, or is it for us?

We are giving children a family and a home who might not otherwise have that. Sometimes people say, "that child is so lucky to have you."

Adoption has been a wild ride and I'm not sure we ever get to get off the ride. I'm not sure I would if I could at this point. Although it is hard, and I mean REALLY hard sometimes, it has changed me! It has made me a better person! I'm thankful that the Lord has chosen us to adopt!

We are lucky! I think everyone should try this at least once! Maybe I'm crazy...and I think you have to be sometimes....but adoption is a blessing to those who are adopting

We are not doing this because we have to....we're doing this because the Lord has told us we "get to" do this.

2 comments:

  1. Happiness and joy will be had by all. I'm so proud of the lady you have become. You and Ben will forever be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally shows me God DID choose you to be an adoptive mama! My mom ALWAYS said she was the lucky one. She always knew it was what God had called her to do. It was wonderful for me to grow up never feeling like I was "lucky" to have gotten a home...I always felt utterly and completely wanted and loved. Love you Brittany!

    ReplyDelete